ACCREDITATION AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT.
The NCMD Act, Cap 99 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria (2004) which established the Nigerian Council for Management Development (NCMD), empowers it to setup and maintain standards in Management Education, Training and Development, including Accreditation of Trainers and Training Institutions.
The Accreditation and Curriculum Development Department is charged with carrying out the Centre’s role of standardization of capacity building activities through streamlining and control.
To achieve the Centre’s goals, the Accreditation Division in the Accreditation Department was set up to manage the entire Accreditation and Registration Process for both Individuals and Institutions.
THE ACCREDITATION AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT HAS THREE (3) DIVISIONS, NAMELY:
1. CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT DIVISION;
2. ACCREDITATION DIVISION; AND
3. QUALITY ASSURANCE DIVISION
The accreditation Division provides information and advisory services to trainers and training firms/institutions on accreditation and registration. Division handles the coordination of (among others):
o sale/collection of completed forms;
o preparation of: accreditation assessment visit
• certificates for successful applicants and organisations
• annual directory of accredited trainers and training organisations.
• the Annual Directory of Management Development Programmes in Nigeria.
Curriculum Development Division
The Curriculum Development Division is concerned with developing/reviewing the Curriculum of the Centre’s programmes, as well as the review and upgrading of syllabi for management studies, the compilation of training programme and the publication of the directory of training firms/institutions and individual trainers in the country.
Quality Assurance Division
This division is charged with ensuring that the programmes/activities carried out in the Centre, as well as by other individual trainers and firms/institution, are carried out not below the least established standards.
ACCREDITATION APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
A. INDIVIDUAL TRAINERS
To apply for accreditation as a management trainer, certain requirements, a candidate must:
1. be a graduate of a recognized University, Polytechnic or other similar institutions of higher learning in Nigeria or abroad;
2. be a holder of a professional qualification e.g. ICAN, ACA, ACCA,CIPM,AIB,ACIS etc. as approved by government;
3. be a holder of CMD’s Train-The-Trainer (Basic and Advanced MANDEV) certificates or its equivalent from any other recognized Management Development Institution (MDI), e.g. ASCON, ITF, NIM, FITC, Lagos Business School, etc. (of not less than two weeks duration);
4. have at least three years post-management training experience.
Please note that where the Train-The-Trainer programme was attended elsewhere, one needs to apply to the Director-general for exemption, attaching the certificate thereof, as well as the course content, to determine whether it is appropriate with what is offered at the centre.
Management Trainers’ Development Programme (Basic Mandev) – N250,000.00
Management Trainers’ Development Programme (Advanced Mandev) -N300,000.00
If the application is successful, one will then obtain the accreditation form at the cost of Forty Thousand Naira, (N40,000.00) only. However, where the application is not successful, one needs to attend the Train-The-Trainer programme, Basic, as well as Advanced Mandev.
The fees for the programme are as follows:
Upon completion, the form is to be submitted along with copies of the following documents:
- educational qualification(s);
- professional certificates;
- basic and advanced Mandev certificates;
- curriculum vitae; and
- receipt for the form
B. TRAINING FIRMS
The firm must provide the following -
1. Certificate of Incorporation and Memorandum and Articles of Association, indicating Capacity building, Training, Research and Consulting therein.
3. At least three accredited individual trainers, one of whom must be on the company’s payroll.
4. At least three years of relevant management training experience.
5. At well-equipped library.
6. Functional training facilities e.g. Training Room(s), Audio-visual Equipment, computers etc.
Upon completion of the form, it is to be submitted along with the following documents:
1. CAC documentation and Memorandum and Articles of Association which indicates capacity building training, research and consulting components;
2. CVs of directors of the firm;
3. CVs of facilitators and their accreditation certificates, if any;
4. Company profile; and
5. Copy of payment receipt issued.
Once the form has been submitted with all relevant documents, a letter of ‘To whom it may Concern’, which serves as ’Provisional Accreditation’, is issued, pending the time the accreditation proper is ready. However, the letter is good only for one year. Within the period, all outstanding requirements are expected to be met.
C. PUBLIC TRAINING INSTITUTIONS (established by Act/Law and private organizations of similar standing)
The institution must provide the following -
1. Certificate of incorporation or enabling Law or Act.
3. At least three accredited individual trainers, all of whom must be on the company’s payroll.
4. A well-equipped library.
5. Functional training facilities e.g. Training Room(s), Audio-visual Equipment, computers etc.
Fee: N150, 000.00k.
The process for Institutional accreditation is the same as that for a firm, except, as stated earlier; all three accredited trainers must be on the payroll of the institution.
Documents to be submitted are also the same as that for a firm.
D. RENEWAL OF MEMBERSHIP CERTIFICATE AND ATTENDANCE AT TRAINING FORUM
1. Membership Certificates for the training institutions, firms and individual trainers are subject to renewal after 5 years.
2. Individual trainers seeking renewal must participate at least once in the centre’s annual Management Training forum/mandatory Professional trainer’s programme and update their skills in their areas of specialization e.gg. Human Resources management, Financial Management, Entrepreneurial Development, ICT etc.
3. Training institutions and firms seeking for renewal must have their accredited training staff participants at least once in the centre’s annual management forum as in the case of individual trainers.
4. Fee for renewal forms are:
Training Institutions N100,000.00
Training Firms N50,000.00
All payments are to be made to:
CENTRE FOR MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT
PROJECT ACCOUNT-TSA: 0020075161027