Consulting assignments whatever their nature, invariably begin with a problem. The consultant’s client realizes that there is a need, that they lack the specific skills or staff to address in house. That is where the consultant’s job begins, and is an indication of what their contribution should be – skills, experience and knowledge. The consultant’s contribution therefore, can be defined as filling specific skills needs within an organization. Often, while the basic problem has been identified within the organization, the consultant, in conjunction with the client, will expand on this idea to develop a process with which to address the problem, and formulate a solution.
As the need for professional and specialized advice grows, organisations are turning to the same managerial principles that have helped the private sector for years. Consequently, they hire the services of management consultants for a number of reasons, including gaining external and presumably objective advice and access to the consultants' specialized expertise.
The use use of conultant services become necessary and can be highly bneficial to an organisation under a number of scenarios, such as where:
Because of their exposure to and relationships with numerous organizations, consulting firms are also said to be aware of industry "best practices". Generally they bring their own, proprietary methodologies or frameworks to guide the identification of problems, and to serve as the basis for recommendations for more effective or efficient ways of performing business tasks.
Why choose CMD advisory and consultancy services?
· We are a public agency – providing comprehensive, cost effective, real-world, everyday consulting solutions for public and private sectors
· Our experience means we can get right down to business; you don't have to take us through a learning curve
· CMD teamwork approach maximizes results
o From the top, CMD can show you ways to identify managerial competencies, develop strategic workforce plans
o At the staffing level, CMD can help design and implement the most effective search and hiring plans, provide cost-efficient work processes and designs. And also partner with your human capital development.
Our advisory and management consultancy services are in the following areas:
The Engagement Process
Clients often ask for proposals at very short notice, or you may hear about a tender that requires a short proposal but not have much time to prepare.
We believe management consulting is not outsourcing of management responsibilities; it is the partnership process to enhance the client’s capability and achieve specific results.
It saves time to have a standard proposal template that includes any standard material you always want to include, to make the proposal look professional. Suffice however, to say that consultants are always expected to strictly abide by the client’s format when responding to any expression of interest. Where no format is given by the client, this suggested format proved very useful i.e Technical proposal and financial proposal.
Our Corporate Strategy
Service & Productivity Improvement
· Create quick and high impact results
· Proven Methodologies
· Instill the improvement mindset and develop staff’s skill-set
Becoming a Consultant
We provide training and capacity improvement courses for consultants. The courses provide:
· mindset change is as important as knowledge acquisition in training and development
· we apply leading edge techniques including Action learning to maximize the impact of our programmes
· we select appropriate models that work
· our consultants will share first person project experiences in how to apply management knowledge and skills in real life situations